The Able Trust Transportation
Reimbursement Grant Program
The Able Trust Transportation Reimbursement Grant Program provides qualified individuals partial reimbursement for travel associated with an individual with a disability who requires transportation assistance to accept a job offer, maintain an employment schedule and other job related transportation needs such as attendance at professional meetings.
• Signed medical diagnosis dated within the last Twelve months by a licensed Physician or Optometrist.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident- U.S. Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Residency May be:
o Original or Certified U.S. Birth Certificate
o Valid U.S. Passport
o Permanent Resident: 1-551 “Green Card”
o Certificate of Naturalization
• Must be a Florida resident who has resided at least 12 consecutive months in Florida prior to the receipt date of the application for this program. PROOF OF RESIDENCY- Must provide at least two documents): o Florida Driver’s License o Florida I.D. Card o Florida Voter Registration o Income Tax Return o Proof of 12 month of consecutive utility bills or a land line telephone bill
• Must be employed in Florida or in a county contiguous with the Florida border. Proof of employment MUST Include:
o Copies of pay stubs for the past three months of employment
o A copy of the most recent tax return
• Must not receive Social Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
ALLOWABLE TRANSPORTATION COSTS INCLUDE:
• Expenses of a hired driver
• Public Transportation
• Taxi service or (Uber)
• Noncommercial providers such as a Family Member or Acquaintance Driver
• Personal attendant services to assist the individual with preparing to get ready for the next day