- SERVANT LEADERSHIP
IT Support Technician
Lighthouse Central Florida is recruiting for an experienced IT Support Technician that meets the following functions, requirements and qualifications. Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- • Responsible for managing the lifecycle of a helpdesk ticket, ensuring the prompt resolution of issues and user satisfaction throughout the process
- • Provide Help Desk support to end users, including support for hardware, printing, applications, and training/instruction
- • Monitor multiple ticket queues and solve or assign tasks appropriately
- • Log service requests into designated Help Desk software application
- • Handle unique situations and take lead on urgent issues, acting as a technical lead and mentor to junior team members
- • Deploy both new and existing systems, with proper use of wire management
- • Responsible for the administration and maintenance of workstations, printers, and phones
- • Assist with the administration and maintenance of servers and networking equipment
- • Responsible for maintaining access to the corporate network by creating and modifying user accounts in conjunction with assigning appropriate access privileges
- • Perform advanced technology troubleshooting in person, over the phone, and remotely with remote access software
- • Evaluate new hardware and software to meet company requirements. Provide advice on the most suitable system choices, purchases, and standards
- • Contribute to and maintain system standards
- • Responsible for maintaining logs and inventories of all software, licenses, hardware, and peripherals company wide
- • Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve individual user technology problems independently, with minimal assistance
- • Apply patches and upgrades to workstations on a regular basis
- • Responsible for performing hardware and software maintenance on a quarterly basis
- • Maintain an expert level of knowledge of certain products, technologies, tools, methodologies and services used within the department
- • Interface with other teams, vendors, and businesses as part of the service and support process
- • Analyze software and hardware needs and usage, recommending changes and upgrades to provide efficient, effective, and timely solutions to users in the corporation
- • Assist with the design, implementation, testing, and deployment phases of new systems
- • Assist in providing training for coworkers
- • Willingness to work from and travel between multiple Orlando based offices, supporting users at more than one physical location
- • Comply with agency policies and procedures including the completion of required documentation and reports (timesheets, etc.)
- • Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- • Four year degree in IT or a related field preferred; or High School Diploma and three plus year’s hands-on experience in an IT/Desktop support role.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- • Experience supporting Microsoft products including current Windows server and client operating systems, as well as programs including Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, the System Center Suite, etc. Have a strong familiarity with PC Hardware, software, and peripherals in a Windows environment.
- • Experience using Atlassian products including JIRA and Confluence.
- • Basic level of knowledge managing Linux web servers.
- • Individual with a helpful attitude, who is confident and enjoys interacting with people
- • Possess an intermediate level of knowledge of TCP/IP Networking: LAN and WAN technologies
- • Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- • Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- • Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing technologies and procedures
- • Ability to work under pressure at busy times and multi-task
- • Ability to meet any challenge while demonstrating excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- • Ability to solve a variety of complex problems and choose the best solution from several possible outcomes
- • Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
- • Excellent communication skills – verbal and written English
- • Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- • Skilled in the use of standard business machines and computers
- • Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving
- • Demonstrated ability to professionally respond to stressful situations in a patient, friendly, and timely manner
- • Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion
- • Demonstrates highly-ethical behavior with professional maturity and judgment
- • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, business professionals, civic organizations, and the general public
- • Capable of working with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- • Flexible with duties, workload, and schedule and accept and perform other duties as assigned
- • Office environment with frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of items, at times up to 50 lbs.
- • Extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation
- • Extended periods of listening, requiring the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds
- • Frequently listening and talking with staff, visitors or others
- • Frequent typing
- • Frequent twisting or bending at the waist, reaching overhead, stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching
- • Possess reliable transportation
- • Pass Level II (Federal) background check
Interested candidates with the designated qualifications, please respond by applying here: APPLY FOR IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact Human Resources via phone at 407-898-2483.
*It is the policy of Lighthouse Works, Inc. not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Lighthouse Works, Inc. to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.