- SERVANT LEADERSHIP
Human Resources Generalist:
Lighthouse Central Florida is a mission-driven, values based organization providing optimal blend of rehabilitation training services and real world application to help individuals of all ages, who live with any degree of vision loss to adjust to their reality with grace and confidence so that can remain active, productive members of our community.
Lighthouse has an opportunity for an experienced and highly qualified Human Resources Generalist to assist with Human Resources, High-Volume Recruitment and Payroll Processing. This is a non-exempt, full time position working Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. We require an individual with well-rounded experience in all facets of human resources with major emphasis of experience in benefit administration including 401(k), lead the talent acquisition program and perform payroll functions.
Must have working experience with the following, but not limited to:
- High volume recruiting and interviewing
- Payroll Processing Knowledge
- Expert Generalist running daily functions
- Affirmative Action Plan Development and Maintenance
- New Hire Employee Onboarding
- Benefits Administration
- Employee Recognition Program
- Employee Relationship Management and Coaching
- Workplace investigations
- Compensation and Performance Management
- HR recordkeeping and documentation processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- 3 to 5 years of Generalist experience required
- 1 to 3 years Recruiting/Talent Acquisition experience
- 1 to 3 years of Payroll experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred or working towards certification
- One plus years working for non-profit organization
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-starter, taking initiative and work independently with limited supervision
- Capable of multi-tasking and effectively balancing multiple priorities ensuring accuracy, attention to details and that nothing is forgotten
- Relational, driven, motivator, empathetic, active listener, patient and socially responsible
- Detailed oriented and incredibly organized
- Excellent professional maturity and judgment
- Confident to tackle complex projects and directives
- Excellent verbal and written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to always act with integrity and professionalism
- Capable of working with a variety of strong personalities and leadership styles
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher & PowerPoint)
- High proficiency with HRIS system -- working knowledge of Paycom a plus
- Office environment with frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of items, at times up to 20 lbs.
- Extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Extended periods of listening and talking with staff, visitors or others.
- Infrequent periods of prolonged standing.
- Frequent twisting or bending at the waist, reaching overhead, stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching.
- Must pass Level II (Federal) background check.
Interested candidates with the designated qualifications, please respond by applying here: APPLY FOR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact Human Resources via phone at 407-898-2483.
*It is the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.