- SERVANT LEADERSHIP
Adult Services Manager / Vision Rehabilitation
Lighthouse has an opportunity for an experienced Adult Services Manager to foster and develop a collaborative team environment which focuses resources on each client’s ability to achieve his/her programmatic goals. Responsibilities span a broad spectrum of activities including but not limited to leadership, management, accountability, ensuring data integrity within the Adult Services team, supervision, direct service, program development, quality and improvement, and resource management. Manage the OB, AP and VR contracts with Division of Blind Services, as well as assigned grants and other earned revenues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and champion all Lighthouse Central Florida's core values. Reflect them in daily interactions with clients, staff, as well as all internal and external constituencies.
- Participate in the development of the strategic and operational plans. Promote efforts to develop and define program improvements and new service opportunities.
- In collaboration with OTs and COTAs on the LCF team, serve as the point of contact for OT and COTA students in Level 1 and Level 2 field placements, as well as with their supervisors in the university programs.
- Establish performance goals and service standards for all areas supervised, ensuring compliance with all applicable accreditation and funding-source requirements.
- In collaboration with the other managers and the Assessment Specialist lead the entire Adult Program Team in the implementation of individual service plans for all clients.
- Ensure that data entered by service providers into the information management system is timely, accurate and complete.
- Lead the development and consistent implementation of written procedures for the delivery of services
Degree in Vision-related field required. Bachelor's Degree minimum, Masters’ Degree preferred
License and/or Certification:
A minimum of one current certification is required:
- ACVREP CVRT, COMS, CLVT or CATIS)
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with individuals with vision loss required.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of database applications
- Possess excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Ability to triage for service delivery
- Possess a knowledge of community and blindness resources
- Ability to interpret eye reports to determine eligibility for services
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook
- Skilled in the use of standard business machines and computers
- Possess an ability to utilize the database for client demographics, case documentation and report generation
- Professional maturity, judgment and objectivity
- Possess effective organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, business professionals, civic organizations, private corporations, and the general public
- Ability to project a positive, compassionate image to the public
- Ability to cope with and support change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when appropriate
- Ability to move about independently
- Moderate ability to move and lift items usually ranging up to 25 lbs.
- Prolonged standing on occasion
- Prolonged sitting at work-station
- Pass background checks
- Must have access to reliable transportation/li>
Interested candidates with the designated qualifications, please respond by applying here: APPLY FOR ADULT SERVICES MANAGER.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact Human Resources via phone at 407-898-2483.
*It is the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.