- SERVANT LEADERSHIP
Case Manager/Client Services Coordinator
Lighthouse Central Florida (LCF) is looking for a full-time Case Management Coordinator (Client Services Coordinator) with outstanding skills and experience to provide client services coordination for individuals with visual impairments (primarily adults) in order to satisfy the mission and contract obligations of Lighthouse Central Florida. This is an exempt-salary position and offers a full benefits package including Health, Dental, & Life Insurance; Paid Holidays, Paid Time off; and Retirement plan.
Our ideal and highly preferred candidate will be one who is highly motivated and dedicated, is outgoing and a strong communicator; has worked in Case Management in Florida; is familiar and has worked with the Division of Blind Services (DBS) and will be an advocate for the clients of LCF working with various agencies.
• Provide counseling and guidance to service recipients (primarily adults) and their families to accomplish adjustment to vision loss and maximize the benefits of participation in vision rehabilitation.
• Gather and interpret eye medical information for purpose of determining eligibility.
• Gather additional information (e.g. medical, social and demographic) to ensure appropriate provision of vision rehabilitation services.
• Coordinate and track provision of vision rehabilitation services.
• Work cooperatively with the Division of Blind Services (DBS), Veterans Administration (VA) and other funding entities to facilitate delivery of vision rehabilitation services.
• Provide information and referral as necessary with agency procedures.
• Conduct comprehensive assessment to determine participant service needs.
• Coordinate assessment and service schedules with staff to facilitate efficient delivery of services.
• Participate in community education and public awareness activities to develop collaboration with other agencies, municipalities, civic organizations, private corporations, and schools to ensure that vision rehabilitation services are recognized as an important resource to the community and known to individuals who can benefit from services.
• Participate in continuing education and staff development opportunities.
• Maintain confidentiality of program participants in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
• Other duties/tasks as required.
• Bachelor's Degree required with emphasis on visual disabilities, human/social service work, psychology or related field. Master's degree preferred.
• Two years’ work experience in case management.
• Requires one year experience working with individuals with disabilities
Interested candidates with the designated qualifications, please respond by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*(It is the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.)